God’s sense of humor

I pray for everything - even finding a parking spot. It really feels good to be constantly talking to God. I talk to him so much to a point where I feel his sense of humor. Yes! I hear him "joking" with me sometimes. Here’s one instance: It’s really hard finding a parking spot at Chabot College in the morning. On my first day it took me 45 minutes trying to find a parking spot. So the next day, I came even earlier to allot extra time looking for a spot. I told myself, "c’mon Imelda you can do this. You can find a parking spot". After 20 minutes of circling I started praying to help me find a spot. And I did find one shortly after. This reminded me not to rely on my own powers but God’s. So then the next time I came, I prayed right away. I said, "God please let a parking spot open up". A parking spot did open up but it wasn’t for me but for another car. Can you see God’s humor here? He said, I just asked for a spot to open up not necessarily for me. Maybe it’s His way of reminding me to pray for others too. I did get my very own spot shortly after.

Posted byImelda@Inspired Simplicity at 2/04/2006 06:49:00 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment